Protein is the go-to nutrient in order to keep your child active and fit. For young athletes, especially, hours of training demands better nutrition and a higher intake of proteins. Protein for kid athletes helps them perform better and also sustain long training hours.
A protein shake like Gritzo Supermilk can go a long way in ensuring that your child gets the daily required intake easily. These drinks are carefully formulated to meet the requirements of active children based on their age group.
The Benefits of Protein for Kid Athletes
World over, protein shakes for kid athletes are quite popular. They load the body with the necessary amount of protein and give your child the following benefits:
Faster recovery: Be it, kids or adults, the most important role of protein is to help the body repair itself. The muscles, especially, require protein to recover from the wear and tear caused by strenuous training. Better recovery means that the muscles don’t become stiff and sore. Therefore, protein for kid athletes is vital to make sure that they perform consistently day after day.
- Higher energy levels: Protein is a great source of energy. It is the second source of fuel for the body after carbohydrates. The advantage of protein is that it digests slowly, giving your child longer reserves of energy. The muscles use these proteins to generate enough energy for any movement. Eventually, they run out of protein reserves. This can only be replenished when you eat enough protein through your diet. Your child will not get tired easily if you ensure that he or she is getting the daily required value based on the levels of activity.
- Better muscle quality: Proteins are made of amino acids. And, the muscles are made of long chains of amino acids. This is why protein shakes for kid athletes are highly recommended to improve muscle quality. In turn, your child becomes stronger and is able to perform much better.
- Improved immunity: When children are active, their immunity can be compromised. This is because of the stress on their body as a result of training. Protein helps improve the production of the cells in the immune system to protect your little one from common health issues.
- More focus: Protein is vital for better brain function. Everyone knows how important it is for athletes to maintain their focus and concentration when they are in the middle of a tournament or game. Ample protein intake helps children stay focussed and perform better, too.
The Best Protein Sources
Protein for kid athletes must be derived from a combination of natural food sources and shakes or supplements, if necessary. The natural sources of protein are meat, eggs, fish, legumes, lentils, and dark green leafy vegetables.
If your child is on a vegetarian diet or has a schedule that is very physically demanding, then using a protein shake is a great idea. There are special products that have been developed for children. They maintain the highest standards of safety and are also easily absorbed by the child’s body.
Protein shakes for kid athletes provide a single and reliable source of proteins. They can be consumed on the go and are extremely convenient.
Choosing a Protein Shake for Young Athletes
When choosing a protein shake for your little one, here are a few factors to consider:
- Does it contain any allergens: Usually, protein shakes are made with whey protein that is derived from milk. If your child is lactose intolerant, choosing one with other sources like soy is a better idea. You may also want to look for other potential allergens like gluten, soy, etc.
- Is it age-appropriate: Look for a protein for kid athletes based on your child’s age. The daily required intake differs according to the age and gender of children. With protein shakes formulated for a specific age group, you can be assured that your child does not consume too much or too little of this vital nutrient.
- What is the sugar source? Shakes made with natural sugar sources like cane sugar are best suited for young children. This ensures that they do not consume any empty, unwanted calories.
Protein shakes are best suited as a snack after intense training. A product like Gritzo Supermilk fulfills all your child’s requirements and is also great in taste. These drinks are age-appropriate as well and use the highest quality ingredients for better results.