Devon Army Cadet Force (ACF) is part of a national youth organisation aimed at inspiring young people to achieve both physically and mentally whilst developing self-confidence, teamwork and leadership.
Cadets have the opportunity to take part in numerous activities, including
- First Aid training (which leads to a nationally recognised awards);
- The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award;
- Vocational Qualifications including BTEC and ILM; and
- Adventurous Training;
- Military skills.
Devon ACF has 36 Detachments, over 750 cadets, 200 Adult Volunteers and 8 members of permanent staff. The various detachments are split between 5 Companies, namely
- A (Exeter & East Devon) Company, based at Tiverton Cadet Centre;
- B (Plymouth) Company, based at Millbay Army Reserve Centre;
- C (North Devon) Company, based at Barnstaple Army Reserve Centre; and
- D (South Devon) Company, based at Totnes Cadet Centre; and
- Devon ACF Corps of Drums, based at Okehampton Battle Camp.
Most detachments parade 2 nights per week and each Company has approx. 3 weekends away each year, as well as a 2-week Summer Camp during the school holidays.
The County Headquarters and Weekend Training Centre are based in Exeter. Weekend training also takes place at Okehampton Camp and Dartmoor Training Area.
Devon ACF is proud to be part of the Rifles family, and all of our cadets and CFAVs from across the county wear the Rifles cap-badge as a sign of our regimental affiliation.
If you are interested in joining Devon ACF either as a Cadet Force Adult Volunteer to work with our young people, or as a cadet (if you are aged 12-18), please Contact Us.
Content by PRODevonACF
|From mortuaries to mass vaccination centres: An Army cadet instructor's story||17/02/2021 - 9:40pm|