Dowsing and pendulums have been used throughout history! Traditionally, the rods were utilised for their effectiveness in finding water sources.
In recent years, pendulums have been picked up by the spiritual community. If you can find trusted psychics, they can use this tool to ask questions and guide your decision making.
But, anyone can use a pendulum! A paperclip on a string is a brilliant make-shift one. Just make sure to cleanse it, with smoke or a selenite crystal, beforehand. This ensures that only higher spirits can access it.
Its first recorded use in spiritualism comes from Letherbridge, an Anglo-Saxon archaeologist. He is believed to develop the way many psychics use pendulums today.
How to use it:
- Take the chain or string in your strongest hand (usually the right side) and hold it very steady.
- Ask the pendulum to “show me yes” and “show me no” - after each question the pendulum should begin swinging of its own accord!
- Make a note of what movement it did for yes and no. Each pendulum has its own way of communicating.
- Then start asking questions!
- Remember, don’t ask the pendulum the same question more than once.
It takes a bit of practice to get used to it and build a good connection with your pendulum - so stay with it. Most importantly, have fun with it.