Like most people, you probably use a manual toothbrush. There’s not much to them – just a plastic handle, non-removable head, and bristles. When they’re worn out, the whole thing gets chucked in the bin. Manual toothbrushes “get the job done” – but not as well as their electric counterparts!
An electric toothbrush will always clean better – even the fastest-handed manual toothbrush user can’t come close to matching the thousands of movements an electric toothbrush makes each minute, allowing its carefully designed bristles to reach far between teeth and along the gumline, removing stubborn plaque.
This motor-driven action also encourages a more even application of pressure, when compared to brushing by hand.
But they’re So Expensive!
While it’s true that many electric toothbrushes cost a lot of money – the highest-end exceeding £150 – you needn’t spend anywhere near such a sum to acquire something reliable, effective, and of good quality. Choosing an affordable toothbrush is easy – just ensure that it meets a few basic criteria:
- Performance that exceeds any manual toothbrush
- Quality and reliability backed by a recognized brand
- Easy operation
- Useful features
- Reasonable price
Two models – the Oral-B Pro 600 CrossAction and the Colgate ProClinical C350 Max White One – tick all of the above boxes, with both falling under the £30 mark. Keep reading to learn more!
Oral-B Pro 600 CrossAction
Oral-B knows dental hygiene – the company is a world-leading designer and manufacturer of electric toothbrushes and other dental products.
Their Pro 600 CrossAction is an affordably-priced option that provides many of the benefits of higher-priced Oral-B products, at a fraction of the cost.
- It’s clinically proven: The Pro 600 CrossAction cleans teeth faster, and removes one hundred percent more plaque, than a regular, manual toothbrush.
- ...And professionally inspired. The Oral-B Pro 600 features a round brush head that takes its design cues from professional dental tools. The round shape adapts to and surrounds each tooth, thoroughly cleaning the entire surface.
- Powerful 3D Cleaning Action combines oscillation, rotation and pulsation to break apart and sweep away plaque from teeth and gums, whitening your smile and helping to prevent periodontal disease.
- It keeps you on track with a built-in timer. Every thirty seconds, the handle buzzes, reminding you to move to the next quadrant of your mouth. (Dentists recommend brushing for two minutes, dividing that time into thirty second segments.) The Pro 600’s timer also lets you know when you’ve reached the two minute mark.
- Compatibility with a wide variety of Oral-B electric toothbrush heads lets you choose exactly the right brush for your needs – from CrossAction to PrecisionClean, to Pro White, Ortho Care and more, finding the perfect combination of bristle shape, arrangement and firmness is easy.
- The included charging base ensures your toothbrush is always ready to go. The base is small, sturdy and unobtrusive. Just set the toothbrush on it after each use to keep the battery charged.
Colgate ProClinical C350 Max White One
Colgate is a company you’d normally associate with toothpaste and mouthwash – and you’d be correct. Colgate has partnered with Omron – a leading home healthcare company – combining the former’s years of experience in oral hygiene with the latter’s technological expertise, to create effective, affordable electric toothbrushes – like the ProClinical C350 Max White One!
- Sonic cleaning action moves the ProClinical C350 Max White One’s brush head 25,500 times per minute, removing decay-causing plaque from the gumline five times better than a manual toothbrush, for a bright, healthy smile.
- Soft-bristled brush heads are easier on the gums than stiff bristles, without compromising on cleaning power. Soft bristles help prevent gum irritation and bleeding, which may occur with firmer bristles.
- The integrated timer helps you brush for two full minutes – the dentist-recommended time for maintaining clean teeth and healthy gums. Timers are useful – they keep your eyes off the clock, and encourage healthy brushing habits. And to ensure that all your teeth get cleaned evenly, a brief pause occurs every 30 seconds, reminding you to move on to the next quadrant of your mouth.
- It’s easy to use and hold. Some people find the switch from a manual to an electric toothbrush awkward – the latter are larger and heavier. But the Colgate ProClinical C350’s streamlined form and light weight make the transition as easy and comfortable as possible.
- A rechargeable battery and included charging base ensure the ProClinical C350 is ready to brush when you are. The integrated charging indicator – a higher-end feature at an affordable price point – indicates charging and battery status.
Electric toothbrushes clean teeth fast and thoroughly, and over the long run, are more economical, and generate less waste than disposable, manual toothbrushes.
Both the Oral-B Pro 650 CrossAction and the Colgate ProClinical C350 Max White One are excellent, affordable options well worth considering. Try one today – your mouth – and your wallet – will thank you.
Helpful electric toothbrush buying resource: https://www.pickireviews.co.uk/best-electric-toothbrush-winners/