Have fussy young kids at home with big feelings and tantrums that need to be dealt with but can wait because you can get them one of the best fresh pappardelle pasta recipes ever invented by mankind?
This perfect pappardelle pasta recipe can be comfort food for your kids as they grow up and become a nostalgic moment for them as they are older. This one recipe could simmer down their tantrums and become some of the best kinds of indulgence for young children. The beef bolognese sauce and the chunky goodness that it is also is the best sauce to be used with fresh pappardelle pasta.
In fact, most Italian restaurants often carry this combination on their menus, and although it looks fairly simple, the delicate layers of flavor you will explore will leave you feeling amazing.
Equipment to Be Used
- Two to three qt. Saucepan
- Cheese Grater
Ingredients For Making the Best Pappardelle Pasta
- Three tablespoons of olive oil - divided
- One pound of ground beef
- Half cup of carrots diced in minute pieces - one-eighth of an inch preferably
- Half a cup of yellow onion, finely chopped
- One clove of minced garlic
- A cup of sliced mushrooms
- Three tablespoons of tomato paste
- San Marzano crushed tomatoes
- Half a teaspoon of chopped or dried oregano
- Three-quarters of a teaspoon of kosher salt
- A quarter teaspoon of black pepper
- Sixteen ounces of pappardelle pasta
- Half a cup of grated parmesan cheese
- Half a cup of chopped Italian parsley for garnishing purposes.
Instructions for Making the Pasta
- Heat about two tablespoons of the olive in a heavy saucepan and heat it over medium-high heat.
- Then add in the ground beef until the meat has browned well, then using a large spoon, break it into pieces, occasionally stirring for six to seven minutes. Do this until the beef has lost its pink color.
- After which, transfer the cooked meat into another bowl and then wipe clean the pan.
- Turn down the heat to a medium-low and then add about a tablespoon of olive oil into the pan again.
- After that, add carrots and onions into the pan and cook till they have begun to soften down, stirring every five minutes.
- Add in the garlic and cook it for a minute.
- Add in the sliced brown mushrooms and then cook for two minutes.
- Add in the tomato paste and cook for a minute.
- Add back in the browned meat, crushed tomatoes, oregano, salt, and pepper. Combine them well.
- After which, simmer the sauce over low heat. Cover the pan with a small opening to let out the steam.
- Cook the sauce for the meat to tender up and then check if the flavors have melded together for about half 30 minutes, continuously stirring every ten minutes. Add in some water as the sauce begins looking dry.
- About twenty minutes before the sauce may be well done, bring a pot of water to boil and cook the pappardelle pasta according to the manufacturer's direction mentioned on the packaging of the pasta.
- Strain the pasta and when the pasta is cooked to its al dente state.
- Plate the pasta and top it with beef bolognese sauce.
- Shave parmesan cheese and parsley on top of it.
Enjoy this yummy recipe. Your fussy kids will just about gulp down this meal with a single tantrum. In fact, they'll be asking you for seconds.