Math is one of the basic building blocks of both formal and informal education. It’s crucial for the study of chemistry, physics, engineering, programming, coding, and more. It’s also important for everyday use—when shopping, balancing a checkbook, baking, or even playing Monopoly. Although math is a very important part of our lives, many people struggle with it. If you’re one of these people, studying with a math tutor can be a huge help.
Math is a subject that has many different branches: arithmetic, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, statistics, and more. Online math tutors can hone in on your particular challenge and help you in that area. And Eurekly.com is a great place to find these tutors.
Eurekly is a marketplace for tutors of all different subjects. There’s no registration fee—just visit the site and start looking for math tutors. The site is easy to use and optimized for desktop and mobile devices.
How Can Math Tutors Help You Improve in Math?
There are several benefits of studying math with an online tutor as opposed to studying with a local tutor or in a group setting.
- Give personal attention: In a group setting, like a classroom, the teacher has to give attention to all the students, focusing on everyone’s questions and challenges. With a private math tutor, the tutor can focus solely on you.
- Can customize lessons: The questions other students ask may not be relevant to your particular math struggles. An online tutor can focus on your challenges and goals and create a customized lesson plan just for you.
- Are affordable: Local tutors don’t have a lot of competition, and can therefore charge higher prices. Eurekly.com is a marketplace of tutors, so prices are more competitive. Lessons from tutors on Eurekly start as low as $8 and $10.
- Are flexible: Whenever you study with someone in person or in a group setting, you need to adjust your schedule to suit their timeframe. Eurekly gives you the option to choose from a wide selection of tutors, so you can find one that offers sessions during time slots that work for you.
- Are convenient: Scheduling a session with an online tutor is extremely easy. Just log onto Eurekly and the site will generate a list of available math tutors. All scheduling can be done online. Some tutors even offer instant lessons on the spot, perfect for students who have upcoming exams.
With so many benefits of learning with online math tutors, there’s no reason to procrastinate or delay. You can begin your journey toward math mastery today.
Can I Really Learn Math With the Help of Online Tutors?
Many people have a hard time believing that they are capable of learning math. Even with all the perks of studying with an online tutor, it can be hard to get past that mental block that says, “learning math is too hard.”
Where does this mental block come from? Why do so many people struggle with math?
In the classic book, Why is Math So Hard For Some Children?, the editors present a variety of articles that deal with this question. Some of the answers include:
- A negative attitude toward math
- Aversive conditioning (learning from others to dislike math)
- A biological predisposition toward anxiety
- Skill deficits
In other words, in most cases, math isn’t hard because children (or adults) aren’t smart enough. It’s due to many external reasons, including hearing from others that math is hard and developing a negative attitude. Additionally, those who suffer from anxiety are less likely to perform well in math due to that anxiety, not lack of capability. And finally, skill deficits—not being taught the correct skills at different stages in life—can also create a mental block that prevents successful future learning.
Studying with an online math tutor can address all of these issues and ease the mental block that many people suffer from. Even if a child or adult has developed a negative attitude toward math, a tutor can offer encouragement and support and slowly help them change that attitude. Anxiety can also be lessened when learning one-on-one with someone patient and not having to worry about what others will think. And of course, a tutor can fill in the skill deficits so that the student can gain confidence and feel proud of their accomplishments.
Become Great at Math With the Help of a Private Tutor
If your lack of math skills has been getting you down and you want to do something about it, there’s no better time than to take control of your life. Becoming proficient in math can help you succeed in school, give you confidence, and even open opportunities to new career paths.
But you don’t need to do it alone. A private math tutor can help you achieve your goals at a pace that works for you. Check out Eurekly.com and get started on your path to math mastery today.