Sidmouth Science Festival is being staged throughout the week of Monday14th October to Sunday 20th October 2013.
The aim of the festival is to inform, educate and inspire all parts of our community with regard to the importance and wonders of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) subjects. In addition we wish to engage widely to create a truly community led science festival. The theme of the event will be Science in our lives.
The festival will aim to show how science, technology, engineering and mathematical disciplines impact on our everyday lives by integrating art, music, dance and drama with serious technical talks. There will be events for all age groups and all parts of the community, including activities for schools and families as well as those looking for stimulating debate.
They plan to include the following:
• Internationally renowned speakers
• Area Schools’ Competition and Exhibitions
• Displays, exhibitions, competitions
• Stalls – Universities, Schools, Institutes
• Sidmouth clubs, societies and associations in science related activities
• Hands-on Science Experiments
• Sidmouth Science Trail
• “Flight – birds to rockets” day event at the Norman Lockyer Observatory
• Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site Team, Sidmouth Museum
For details of specific events to be held and the venues please visit www.sidmouthsciencefestival.org