Julian House is a charity that supports vulnerable and at-risk individuals. These include men, women and young people experiencing homelessness, men, women, and children escaping domestic abuse, adults with learning difficulties and people who need support after leaving prison.
“Every year, we support over 1,800 vulnerable individuals.”
We operate more than 40 different projects, accommodation sites and social enterprises across South West England. These include our homeless outreach services, a 20-bed emergency access hostel, various supported accommodation sites, a domestic abuse refuge for up to 17 women (or men) and 24 children and an 8-bed property for adults with Autism or Asperger’s.
We also run multiple training programmes, to help people regain confidence, learn new transferable work skills, get back into education, volunteering and employment.
“Our projects not only address the symptoms of homelessness but also the underlying reasons why men and women are forced onto the streets.”
We seek to build a just society where socially excluded people are supported and empowered to build sustainable, independent lives.
Our services include:
· Homeless services & support including our emergency 20 bed hostel, outreach teams and supported move on accommodation.
· Specialised support and accommodation for those escaping domestic violence.
· Addiction recovery and mental health support.
· Support for travelling communities.
· Refugee resettlement service.
· Support and accommodation for prison leavers, including training opportunities to return to work.
· Support and accommodation for individuals with learning difficulties.
· Work experience and training for adults experiencing homelessness and those experiencing long-term unemployment.
“We provide support to vulnerable and at-risk men, women and children and help them to re-build their lives”.
Where we work
We are a regional charity with services in:
· Bath & NE Somerset
· South Gloucestershire
· Exeter & Devon
· Wiltshire & Swindon
· Basingstoke & Hampshire
“Our social enterprises are targeted at preventing people becoming homeless by engaging them in meaningful activities, training and preparation for employment.”
Please find more about partnerships and collaboration in the link below.
Support us at work - Julian House
Please find more about our projects in the link below.
Our Services | Julian House | Homeless Charity | South Westth West.
Content by Daffne
|IKEA supports Julian House with donations for new accommodation in Exeter||05/08/2021 - 7:52pm|
|Julian House outreach team in Exeter||24/07/2021 - 2:44pm|