Three treated after Dawlish house blaze

News Desk
Authored by News Desk
Posted Monday, August 31, 2015 - 12:26pm

Three people needed treatment after fire broke out at a property in Dawlish in the early hours of this morning (Monday 31 August).

Fire crews were called to a report of smoke issuing from a property in Roscoff Road, Dawlish just before 2am.

One fire appliance from Dawlish and two from Teignmouth attended the incident.

The three-storey building is used as flats. The fire was in the kitchen of the ground-floor flat and involved tea towels and a washer dryer.

Crews extinguished the fire using two breathing apparatus, two hose reel jets, one safety jet and a thermal image camera. 

There were three casualties in total, with one man taken by ambulance to hospital, suffering with smoke inhalation.

Share this