On the little Aegean island of Mykonos, the experience promises to be an exhilarating one. With the beautiful array of water, the serene sky, and vast iconic tourist sites to visit, the island remains one of the best vacation centres in the world. The experience is further amplified if you are lodged in one of Mykonos’ luxury hotels or suites. Getting luxurious accommodation in Mykonos can be easy too. All you need is the right information.
Mykonos has come to be regarded as a hotspot for tourism in the world for the following reasons;
The city’s location in the ancient city of Greece is a propelling factor. A visit to the island would surely expose you to Greek culture and historical antecedence.
- Scenery. Characterized by beautiful beaches, antique buildings and monuments, mountain tops, and low plains, the scenery glow in exquisite glamour, giving the island an effervescent look and a tranquil appeal.
- Nightlife. The island also boasts of vibrant nightlife. There are classy clubs, restaurants, movie centres, and gaming houses that operate around the clock.
- Luxury hotels and suites. A huge presence of A-grade hotels and suites offers cosy accommodation and top-notch relaxation services.
The island of Mykonos is home to several tourist sites. Tourism in Mykonos is holistic in that it promises to be educational, entertaining, eye-opening, relaxing, and recreational. Here are some of the best places to visit if you find yourself on the beautiful island of Mykonos;
- Delos. The birthplace of Apollo and Artemis, the twin god of the Greek, is a sight to behold. The quick boat trip to the ancient city is a cruise too. Delos is a historic place that every tourist should visit when on a tour to Aegean Island.
- Kato Mill. This is another monument worth visiting when on a visit to the island. It’s also a historic site that was built in the 16th century. This old mill which has been changed into a museum was built by the Venetians, making it one of the greatest wonders of the Mykonos island.
- Elia beach. There are numerous beaches on the island, but the longest of them is Elia. Whether by boat or by road, the beach is accessible to everyone who wishes to visit. Surfing and other kinds of water sports are usual activities on this beach. Apart from being one of the amazing sceneries on the island, it is also home to luxury restaurants, bars, hotels, and relaxation spots.
- Matoyanni street. Another place to be is the ever-busy street on the island, Matoyanni. Characterized by numerous cafés, restaurants, and stores, it is the island's commercial hub. If you desire to go home with mind-blowing souvenirs, this is where you can buy them. This street radiates a life of its own that makes it unique on the island.
- Panormos beach. If you desire a more separated beach, less populated and away from the crowd, the Panormos beach is where you should go. The island offers amazing scenery and provides a different experience to the tourists.
- The Panayia Paraportiani Church. This attraction site is grand as it is a place of history that earmarks the Christian sojourn of the Greeks.
Other grand places of antique relevance and tourist benefit to visiting include Little Venice, Agios Stefanos, Super Paradise, Ornos, and Platis Yalos.