Outpatient drug rehab programs provide treatment during the day. That means patients reside in their homes while undergoing treatment for their drug addiction. In some cases, outpatient rehab programs are offered outside a formal treatment center. This rehab is ideal for patients that wish to continue going to school, work, and socializing with family and friends as they undergo treatment. However, patients should have a stable home life for their treatment to be successful.
In some cases, patients use this rehab after an inpatient program. It can be used as a way of maintaining sobriety during the recovery process or by itself. With some outpatient programs, patients get a Partial Hospitalization Program. This entails receiving treatment throughout the day and going back home at night. PHP can be part of an inpatient or outpatient program.
How to Know You Are Addicted
Drug addiction is a complex condition. As such, signs of addiction are not always straightforward. But, before you Google ‘the best outpatient rehab near me’, you may want to be sure that you or a loved one has an addiction. Signs of addiction can be categorized as social, physical, or mental.
Social signs of addiction include:
- Avoiding individuals that don’t use the addictive substance.
- Feeling alone and uncomfortable when you don’t get the addictive substance.
- Lying to family and friends about the amount of the substance you are using.
- Spending more money than you can afford on the substance or getting into debts.
- Selling your stuff to purchase the substance.
- Stealing to get money for purchasing the addictive substance.
Mental and physical signs of addiction include:
- Increased panic or anxiety attacks
- Severe depression
- Heart problems
- Significant weight gain or loss
- Sexual problems like impotence.
These are some of the signs that prompt addicts or their loved ones to start the search for ‘the best outpatient drug rehab near me’(AddictionResource can help find the right one). It’s, however, important to familiarize yourself with what outpatient programs offer before enrolling in them.
Getting Outpatient Treatment
- Most outpatient treatment programs provide the resources required to treat most addictions. Research has shown that outpatient treatment programs are effective for individuals that need care just like inpatient rehab. It’s, however, important to know what exactly is included in an outpatient program before you or a loved one enrolls in it. Here are some of the resources offered by outpatient programs.
- Medically assisted treatmentb- This includes the use of different medications and procedures to treat addiction. The used medications are safe for prescription on an outpatient basis.
- Educational services - Psycho-education is an important component of addiction treatment. It entails teaching the addict about substance abuse. Outpatient rehabs offer psycho-education in form of workshops, lectures, therapy groups, and skills-building forums.
- Psychosocial or behavioral interventions- Behavioral intervention can include therapy for substance use disorder and participation in the activities of social support groups. Alternative and complementary treatments like yoga and meditation, as well as, art and music therapy can also be included. If you feel like these are ideal interventions for you or your loved one, Google ‘rehab facility near me that provides psychosocial or behavioral interventions’.
- Case management - Some addiction treatment facilities provide services that help individuals with special needs on an outpatient basis. Medical professionals, counselors, and therapists do not always provide case management services. However, some outpatient facilities offer services like finding housing for the patients, engaging them in vocational rehabilitation, and securing direct training for them.
- Support services - Some individuals may require additional services. These can include getting transportation, a mentor, or even a caregiver. Some outpatient facilities provide these and other support services.
Why Some People Choose Outpatient Rehabs
You most likely have your reasons for searching ‘outpatient treatment near me’ instead of inpatient rehab. When it comes to seeking treatment for drug addiction, the benefits of each program should be considered. That’s because a patient's needs and desires, as well as, the availed resources play a role in influencing the success of the treatment.
Here are some of the reasons to choose an outpatient drug rehab:
- High autonomy levels in comparison to inpatient rehab.
- Higher flexibility levels in scheduling and design of the treatment program.
- Ability to reside at home while undergoing intensive treatment for addiction.
- Costs less than inpatient rehab.
- Freedom to continue going to school, work, and spending time with family.
- Outpatient drug rehab is effective in treating mild and moderate addiction.
People with addictions to different drugs can benefit from outpatient rehab. However, the severity of addiction can make inpatient rehab more effective. Outpatient rehab can help with addiction to drugs like marijuana, alcohol, cocaine, oxycodone, amphetamines, codeine, valium, Xanax, and methamphetamines.
Choosing an Outpatient Rehab near You
Several factors come into play when choosing an outpatient rehab center near you. For instance, the offered treatment types matter and should not be overlooked. Other factors to consider when choosing an outpatient rehab near you include:
- Distance- How far a treatment facility is from home determines whether it’s ideal for a patient or not. That’s because some patients want to travel to rehab in the evening after school or work. Thus, the time required to drive or walk to the rehab can determine the effectiveness of the treatment.
- Flexibility- Flexibility is an important factor to consider because an ideal outpatient program should evolve as the addiction treatment needs of the patient change.
- Support- This is a crucial consideration because without support a patient is left alone to deal with withdrawal and cravings. This makes it easier for them to relapse.
- Cost- According to the World Health Organization, affordability is one of the barriers that hinder some people from accessing health services. The cost of outpatient drug rehab is, therefore, an important factor to consider when seeking treatment for addiction.
The Bottom Line
Searching the ‘best outpatient drug treatment near me’ is a great starting point when you or a loved one needs help with a mild to moderate addiction. Outpatient treatment can also be used to manage a long-term recovery process. Nevertheless, it’s important to know what is included in an outpatient program to determine if it’s ideal for you or a loved one.