So 2020 was all about baking bread, 2021 is the year of getting fit. Working from home has not been kind to many waistlines. There is no morning commute, the furthest you have gone is to Tesco and back. So now that the spring has arrived it means summer is just around the corner so it’s time to get fit, not just to be bikini ready, but also for your health. This past year has been rather sedentary so it’s time to shake things up and shake it out.
Until we can get back to the gyms or running 10K, we have to make the most of our surroundings. If you are lucky enough to have a garden, great, if not don’t worry all you need is a little bit of space. We have put together a list of some of the essentials needed to get you back in shape and feeling fit and fabulous.
- Let’s start with the basics, a good pair of trainers. Depending on what type of a workout you will be doing and also where you will be doing it you need a pair of trainers that are adapted to the situation.
- Every woman no matter their size needs a great sports bra, this will provide support and protect the breast’s supportive tissue. There are lots of different options available depending on both budget and cup size. Research the brand and style so you know you are getting the correct support to prevent back injury or strain.
- For those of you that prefer the calming movement of yoga or even some good old fashioned aerobics, you will need to invest in a good mat. This will protect you while you stretch yourself to the limit. There are of course so many variations of yoga available nowadays and the equipment reflects that. Try a yoga block to find balance, optimise alignment in your body and master those difficult poses. A Yoga bolster will support you at the beginning and the end of a flow. It can be used for stretching and relaxing your body during the restorative poses.
- Drinking more water both inside and outside of the gym should be a priority. When in the gym or even working out at home, use a gym water bottle to store your water. The reasoning behind this is that they are designed to be used in these situations that are not the most hygenic. They will keep you hydrated, keep your water clean and cool. Drink a half a litre an hour before the gym and remember to stay hydrated the entire time. A quarter of a litre is recommended for every 15 minutes of your work out.
- Certain sports need certain equipment or accessories. Oakley has a wide range of sportswear and accessories for sports such as Golf, Cycling, Surfing, and more besides. Save money with this amazing Oakley discount code here. Having the right clothes for training is essential. Oakley has a range of leggings and sweatpants that are ideal for all workouts.
- If you are looking for some adventure and are more the Mountain Bike and Trail type of person then you will need to protect yourself. One piece of gear you will definitely need to invest in is a helmet! Something light enough to let you feel the breeze in your hair, but strong enough to protect you. Remember, helmets come in a variety of colours so you don’t have to go for a plain, boring option! Let it save your life in style.
According to a study by the Mental Health Foundation physical exercise is not just good for our bodies, but also our minds. It has a positive impact on our mood and our concentration to name just a couple of benefits. So get off the couch and start moving!